Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Banana Oatmeal Bread


I found a great recipe for Banana Oatmeal bread that I made yesterday when I was at home with Ronan. We whipped it up together before his nap, and had delicious warm bread ready for his after-nap snack. I'm still getting used to baking with a toddler so there aren't any photos of the mixing of ingredients (too much potential for disaster there...). But here is a photo of our finished product.

The recipe can be found at a fellow Minnesotan's blog, Chez Beeper Bebe.

This bread is SO GOOD. Holly's blog post was written with suggestions on how to use over-ripe bananas or other foods that you just don't want to throw away. The day before I had thrown away 2 over-ripe bananas and felt terrible, but did not realize you could freeze them and store for later. So her post was perfect timing for me to avoid it in the future!

Holly's recipe calls for 3/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour. I accidentally inverted those but it seems to not have any affect on the deliciousness. It also calls for 3/4 cup of oatmeal (not instant). I only had rolled oats and even though they are kind of big, they worked fine and again did not really affect the tastiness. I would definitely make this one again! (but would use the more crushed oatmeal) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment